The Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaaf will continue its struggle till the removal of the Musharraf government. This was stated by PTI chairman and MNA Imran Khan while addressing public gatherings at Mazdoor Pully, Railway Road and Jogi Chowk here on Saturday.
The PTI chief said the movement against the government had been launched while contacts with other political parties were being made to rid the country of the present rulers.
He said the PTI would alone continue its efforts in case the ARD or the MMA did not extend any cooperation.
Mr Khan said the party would divert its energies towards the rural areas after its mass campaign in urban areas.
To safeguard his position, he alleged that President Pervez Musharraf had allowed the US army to bombard Bajaur. He said the killings of Pakistani jawans in Dargai were the reaction of the Bajaur incident.
Earlier, when he reached Katorwala Morr Imran Khan was accorded a warm welcome by the PTI leaders, including Muhammad Shafiq Khan, Nadeem Butt, Naseem Insari and Afzal Chaudhry. The PTI chief was accompanied by central secretary-general Air Marshal Syed Shahid Zulfiqar Ali (retired), deputy secretary-general admiral Javed Iqbal (retired), Punjab president Ahsan Rasheed, secretary-general Amin Zaki, information secretary Umar Sarfraz Cheema, Lahore president Shabbir Sial and others.
Meanwhile, the district management did not allow the PTI chief to address at the local football ground. The use of loudspeaker was also not allowed.
Earlier in the day, the PTI caravan left Lahore, marking the beginning of the anti-Musharraf drive.